Updated: 30 September 2021
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
The Signet Bureau will only collect information about you when you provide it to us, and we only collect information to provide better services to all of our users and customers.
We collect information in two ways:
Information you give to us directly. This information typically includes:
- your name, email address, first name, surname, address and domain name, and may also contain your username or any other information required to process an order through the Site.
Information we collect through your use of our services. This information includes but is not necessarily limited to:
- information collected by our server, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, operating system and platform, the average time you spend on the signetbureau.com website, pages visited, information searched for, average access time, and websites you have visited previously, as well as other relevant statistics;
- cookies and other anonymous identifiers, which we send to your computer's browser for record-keeping purposes.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information you give to us directly to:
- deliver products to you, to collect payments and to manage your account, to market to you directly, as well as provide you with information about our products and services, and to notify you of changes to our products and services;
- contact you about new products, projects or seasonal promotions. If you wish not to receive such communications, you can unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from the mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in all communication emails that are sent;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve our services, to develop new ones, and to protect our services and our customers. We may also use this information to offer you tailored products, projects or seasonal promotions;
- keep a record of your communications with us to help solve any issues or disputes that might arise.
We may use the information we collect through your use of our services to:
- measure the use of the Site and to administer and improve the Site. This statistical data is interpreted by The Signet Bureau in its continuing effort to improve the Site and your shopping experience;
- gather information on which web pages are visited and how often, to make the Site more user friendly, and to give you a better experience when you return to the Site.
We may combine the information you give to us directly with the information we collect through your use of our service.
We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to The Signet Bureau with information relating to the number of users accessing the Site from such third party websites. You will not personally be identifiable from this information.
In delivering our products or collecting and using your personal information, we may be required to disclose some of your personal information to third party organisations, including external service providers; our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors; and regulatory or government authorities as required by law.
The Signet Bureau uses a number of security measures to protect the information you provide to us.
We protect your personal information by:
- restricting internal and external access to your personal information;
- maintaining our technology systems to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- work with third parties that require access to your information, including organisations outside Australia, take such steps as are reasonable to safeguard that they do not breach our privacy obligations; and
- securely destroying your personal information when your personal information is no longer needed.
When purchasing from The Signet Bureau online shop, your financial details are not collected and/or stored by The Signet Bureau on our own servers.
Payments are processed via secure payment gateways via the BigCommerce servers which are Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol and 256 encryption / decryption is used for credit card payment processing to encrypt information as it is transmitted over the Internet for your security when making a purchase from The Signet Bureau. This encryption safeguards the credit card digits, billing details and delivery address are not revealed so that other computers are not able to decipher the information, to make certain your privacy and security is maintained.
The Signet Bureau utilises secure external payment gateway services provided by Windcave (Mastercard, Visa & Union Pay), American Express, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and Afterpay which provide the link between our website, the banks and the credit card companies, making it easy and safe for you to purchase from The Signet Bureau online shop.
All gateway providers use the latest, industry standard encryption technology to transmit and encrypt all credit information and transactions.
For further information on security, certification and encryption processes, refer to the payment gateway provider websites noted above.
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than us. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control websites which we do not operate, and are not responsible for their contents or your use of them. Inclusion of these links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.
ACCURACY AND RETENTION
You are entitled to request access to and correction of all personal data you provide us, or to remove your name from our database at any time by contacting our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to access personal information held by The Signet Bureau about you, subject to the restrictions provided by law. We endeavour to keep information about you as accurate as possible. If you are concerned about our use of your personal information or if you would like to review or change the information you have supplied to us, please email email@example.com.
For more information regarding privacy issues in Australia, please visit the Australian Government Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
The handling of personal information in Australia is governed by legislation at both a federal and state/territory level.
At a federal level, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) governs the way in which business entities and federal government agencies must handle personal information, largely through the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out within the Privacy Act.
‘Personal information’ is defined by the Privacy Act as:
- information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.